I was very excited to learn that there will be a car dock for HTC EVO 4G that is designed and made by HTC, however, June 4th came and the car dock was not yet available. It will be released later (I hope not as late as the HD2 car kit was released six month after the phone's release). As I am an impatient gadget lover, I decide to study the HTC car kit that was designed for HD2. To my surprise the microUSB charging port on the bottom of the car dock moves from left to right and vice versa.

Now, why would HTC design a charging dock with moving charging port? In my opinion it is so that they can use this dock for other HTC device by just making different mounts (phone holders), like HD2, Nexus One, HTC Desire, and HTC EVO 4G. The next thing I had to do is break one side of the holder (so that my HTC EVO fits into it). Just a suggestion, do not try this at home!
To make the long story short, I converted the HTC HD2 car kit by breaking one side of the holder grip and I now have an HTC car kit that charges my HTC EVO and activates the NaviPanel app immediately after docking the phone.
source
No comments:
Post a Comment