Mobile-review have posted a review of the new iPhone 4. Here is their final impression.
Why so little, you may ask? The answer is provided at the beginning of the article; that is much has already been said. Moreover, I want to prolong the pleasure and to treat you and myself to a detailed iPhone 4 in-use report in some time. What I liked, what I disliked, how it is on the whole, and so on.
What I liked in the iPhone 4:
* Design, materials, build quality, the way it feels in one's hand � it all is beyond praise;
* Good display;
* The device is fast; you just tap on the screen � and it's done;
* Good sound quality;
* Plenty of software for various usage scenarios;
* iOS 4 with multitasking and other features;
* FaceTime must be quite handy, although I haven't had the chance to use it yet;
* Long range Wi-Fi with support for 802.11n;
* Absolutely different, better gaming experience thanks to the built-in gyroscope. I didn't want to draw your attention to that in the review on purpose; there is hardly any difference in existing titles.
That must be it. Now, let's talk about the disadvantages:
* There hasn't been any breakthrough in terms of the camera; pictures look great on the device screen, though. The same is true for video. Yet it is definitely better than before;
* Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR that you still can't use to transfer files;
* There is no built-in software for working with documents; they could have thrown in iWork for free.
* The light sensor won't work correctly sometimes;
* For many, another disadvantage is the proprietary nature of the device, lack of support for the poplar audio and video formats. To heck with audio, but the device has an excellent display and processor. Why not allow the users to watch their AVI clips without prior conversion? But again, we have to resort to torrents, search for iPhone 4 video, etc. Fed up with that;
* A meager headset in the bundle. It is obvious that the metal and glass are worth something and the company wants to earn extra cash on the accessories. Yet the stock ear buds are terribly uncomfortable!
On the whole, the iPhone 4 doesn't have a tinge of "seen that", "here we go again", "boring!" There is no plastic there. There is no lagging there. The price is quite reasonable. No need to even mention the impressions � i.e. those who perceive the reality through touch will fall in love with the case; neurasthenics and coke addicts will be astonished by the speed (yeah, the phone is on speed, how cool is that!); the sharp-eyed will get high with the display� Even the smell, the gorgeous smell of new Apple hardware has been deliberately selected.
The phone is highly recommended for purchase.
P.S. Please be patient; I will provide you with further details about a number of peculiar features. I just need to spend some time with the device.
No comments:
Post a Comment