Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Who are you Dr. Tero Ojanpera?

New York, USA � We�re continuing our conversations with the folks inside Nokia and this week we�ve been lucky enough to catch-up with Dr. Tero Ojanpera, Executive Vice President, Services, Nokia.

Working within Nokia since 1990, Tero has played a defining role in driving Nokia�s evolution. From 2006, Tero served as Chief Technology Officer, a wide-ranging role that included corporate and technology strategy, strategic alliances and partnerships, research and intellectual property rights. Prior to this, Tero was Nokia�s Chief Strategy Officer and, from 2003 to 2004, he headed Nokia Research Center. Previously, he held several senior management positions in the former Nokia Networks. Tero has been a member of the Nokia Group Executive Board since 2005. He has a Master of Science degree from the University of Oulu, Finland and a PhD degree from Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands.

Read on to find out Tero�s answers to our questions.

Friday and Sunday are my favourite days because if I�m at home we have a family dinner.

On a Monday morning I often read my emails while brushing my teeth (-;

If I�ve had a bad day I try to exercise. Head out for a good run or to the gym. I also like to talk to my best friend.

On my homescreen I have my wife, three sons and our dog Emma.

If I wasn�t working for Nokia I�d be doing something similar in some other company.

I try to learn something new every day.

I love boats and water. It�s very relaxing. My dream boat would be a Mochi. Italians know style.

If I could invent one gadget it would be one to tie your childrens� shoe laces. But it�s too late for my family now.

I always think life is full of opportunities.

I look forward to our skiing trip every February. We always go to a different place.

Several people have inspired me. Very often it�s people I have worked with or my mentors like my PhD professor Ramjee Prasad. Lately I�ve had a lot of interaction with creative people like Dave Stewart and Tim Kring who have inspired me greatly.

I�d like to be remembered as a person who helped others to succeed.

My most annoying habit, according to my wife, is that I never order dessert but always eat one.

On a Friday afternoon I empty my inbox. No kidding, it�s possible. Email me if you�d like to find out how.

The books I read when I was a young boy had a great effect on me. Through those I learned to be curious which has served me well during my life.

I dream about my next boat trip before I drop off to sleep.

If you want to make me laugh just tell a good joke and watch my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment