Monday, July 20, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie 44: Raspberry Blanc-Manger


This week's recipe was chosen by Susan of Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy (got to love that blog name). I know I have been falling behind with blogging lately but I really am trying to get back into the swing of things. This Raspberry Blanc-Manger is the perfect dessert for those who are time poor (like me). It is literally a matter of minutes before you are putting this in the fridge. It can even be made the day before, so all you have to do is literally un-mould it and serve it with a little raspberry coulis.


I decided to halve the recipe and make little individual blanc-mangers which were really cute. The hardest part of making this dessert was definitely un-moulding it! I would really recommend a silicone mould, especially if you decide to make mini ones. I ended up having to blast my metal muffin tray with my blow torch to ease them out. I didn't have time to buy fresh raspberries unfortunately which is why my berries bled a little throughout the blanc-manger. I found the addition of ground almonds a little strange in terms of texture- maybe mine weren't fine enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment