Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie 38: Tiramisu Cake



Strangely enough, I am pretty sure I have never had Tiramisu! How can that be? I am not entirely sure but I can only assume it is for the following reasons; 1) Coffee and me are certainly friends, but nothing more, and 2) I can't remember ever seeing it on a menu. I think this might be because it's more of a classic dessert that has been superseded by all these new fangled things. So thank you to Megan of My Baking Adventures for choosing this recipe.




When I think about it, what is there to be afraid of with Tiramisu? Tender cake soaked with a coffee flavoured simple syrup, billowing with luscious layers of coffee infused mascarpone and cream... I have more than once declared my love for creamy delicious desserts and this Tiramisu cake was perfect! It is incredibly dreamy and I am eagerly looking forward to devouring the rest of it after dinner. Dorie suggests a few different alcohols for the cake, but I went with Kahlua which was perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment