Thursday, April 9, 2009

Travelling Penguins

These little guys made their way from Su's Malaysian design studio all the way to Perth Australia!
Toppers for a wedding by request of a dear friend who was persistent to get an adorable cake done by yours truly. *grin*Unfortunately; Australia is pretty strict with bringing in food items and organic material; to carry a CAKE over the customs border would be pushing it. We opted to just attempt carrying past sugar sculpted creatures instead. I packed little accessories and ready made pieces for her to attach to her cakes and cupcakes. My babies got a cushy ride in balls of tissue stuffed into egg carton shells! I bet the bride had a fun time being creative with these!
I was a little weary about the custom officers tearing my adorable little friends apart; and so I made a couple of extra ones to have enough for them to 'sacrifice' or to quarantine.
Well... apparently everything went well; and with the help of a guest from the wedding; her penguins got to their rightful home intact and secure. It was funny, she mentioned how her friends and the groom screamed with excitement when they saw the cute tiny penguins! I haven't received pictures from them; but am definitely looking forward to seeing how they turned out.
She said my penguins saved the day.
Well.. they definitely made mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment