Monday, April 28, 2008

I want candy...




Candy Cakes make some of the cutest colourful cakes I've ever seen. I don't really class them as cupcakes (as mentioned in my other post about them), they are more like v.big muffins but whatever you want to call them they are absolutely gorgeous. I popped there on Saturday to get a friend one for her birthday and was determined to resist until I got to the shop...its just so damn CUTE and the cakes just entice you into buying them..they should rename themselves crack cakes I tell you!!!


Although walking into Candy Cakes make me revert back to childhood, (which generally happens round anything cupcake I have to admit!!), its creator, Michael Thomas, sees the company in altogether more adult terms. Its inspiration, he says, is derived from the revival of ��old-fashioned sexiness, nostalgia for wholesome curves, red lips and 1950s clothing��. I suppose they're saying they're the Dita Von Tesse of cakes :)


I bought myself a lemon, white chocolate meringue cake and Manny a double chocolate with a Union Jack chocolate on top (which costs extra but he's worth it!). My meringue one was to die for!! Utterly gorgeous, the cake was lovely and soft, filled with a lemon curd in the middle..and the icing was utterly lovely too. Manny adored his too - he really likes these as he thinks they are giant muffins and the only thing he likes better than cake is BIG cake! There isn't a pic of Manny's cake without the wrapping as he was too busy shovelling it into his mouth to pause for photos!!!Definitely worth checking out or buying on line.
And as mentioned before they do lovely fair trade organic coffee from Puro and the other food and cakes look really tasty too!! Their cakes are available in gluten free, sugar free and reduced fat as well so there's no excuse not to visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment