Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Widgets for handsets. Utilities and treats



"Onrush of technology enhances the language with new terms. The term �widget� is one of most recent language gains. As for me, the term �gizmo� explains its essence in the most proper way. A widget for a mobile phone is some network application expanding user�s capabilities when receiving data via Internet at that this data is of personalized character and are available for tweaking.

Being cross-platform apps per se, widgets require a client (or engine, if you wish) to be installed on a mobile terminal which helps information to get delivered from certain online source to a particular user�s handset. Up to date, the only client for getting widgets in gear is Java-midlet although many developers have already announced that software products (mobile browser Opera 9) or operating system immediately will be added with a built in widgets-specialized engine. But it�ll occur in future, and for now Java is the only way for mobile devices to pick. We managed to discover a number of Internet pages with bevies of ready-made widgets, which we are going to tell you about now."

The 2 paragraphs above was taken from a very interesting article about widsets form mobile-review. I myself wanted to recommend using widsets since I only started using it since I got my N95 a few days ago. It is really useful. I chose all the widsets I need and at a few button pushes I see all the info that I need and updates. This sure beats entering the web browser and start looking for info in various places. I like this way more than RSS feeds (more options nicer to look at and just so mmuch more fun). I suggest you guys try it out.

Click for article at mobile-review

Click for widsets homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment