Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Baking: Lemon Madelines


Tonight something super exciting happened.

I made madelines for the first time in my life! It all started last week when I bought my very own madelines priced from William Sonoma (I thought it was overpriced at $22, but then again, I can't find any other place in Hawaii that carries madeline pans).

The pan sat in our living room for five or so days and I just could never find the perfect time to make them. Until 9:00pm tonight when I had absolutely nothing to do. So I whipped out a pile of madeline recipes I've been saving up for the past few months, picked one that sounded good, and got to work! Man it felt goooood to bake!

I used a very basic recipe, flavoring it with plenty of lemon zest and vanilla. The recipe called for 12, but I filled the pan a bit too much so there was only enough batter for 10. We paired them with mugs of my dad's favorite Chinese tea for a late night snack - what better way to end a Monday night?

Ok, I'll stop bombarding you with madeline pictures! Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment