Sunday, July 9, 2006

Happy First Birthday, Panda! Cookies and Cream Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting

Blame this one on my Mom...she's the one who gave me the idea for these "Panda Birthday" cupcakes. The Panda's first birthday is a big deal in this area...there was a huge birthday party at the National Zoo today for Tai Shan (means peaceful mountain).
When he was first born he was called "Butterstick" because he looked like a .... stick of butter. At today's party, they served cupcakes and the Panda got a huge popsicle made from juice. Very cute!Here's what he looked like when we saw him during the Thanksgiving break last year.
But, in the end, I couldn't help myself...I had to make a couple of these cupcakes look pretty!
Here's a shot of the whole group together. The recipe is from Cupcakes Galore by Gail Wagman. I'll try to post it later tonight. The frosting is made is white chocolate...yummmm! I think you'll like that part best!

No comments:

Post a Comment