
I purchsed an an elegant and pretty...but ridiculously HEAVY muffin-bundt tray a couple of days ago. Despite my rush to finish studying for my exams on Thursday, I just couldnt wait to give them a little test drive!
I whipped up the quickest sponge cake recipe I knew by heart, threw in a handful of diced peaches I had leftover from my strudel, gave it a good stir and into the oven it went! Didn't take much effort, but they came out smelling and tasting absolutely
fabulous! I didn't care much for extravagant frosting... the idea of Peaches+ Cream is just 'peachey' on its own *licks lips* YUm!
What's a Strawberry doing with 'Peaches and Cream' you ask? It misses it's cream too *wink* :)
*thanks Puspha for the inspiration with peaches
Edit: Recipe for the basic cupcake batter, Add in a handful of diced peaches to this + about 1/2 cup of the syrup from the peaches.
60g butter
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg
3/4 cups Self Raising Flour
1/4 cup milk.
Hope this helps Jacelyn.1/2 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg
3/4 cups Self Raising Flour
1/4 cup milk.
No comments:
Post a Comment