Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mango Cupcakes

Baking and frosting cupcakes with me in my kitchen!
With my bland writing and vocabulary; watching me bake delicious cupcakes will probably be more interesting than just reading about it. Here's a video I put together right after I came running home from my exams this morning.

4oz softened butter
4oz castor sugar
3 large eggs
4 oz ground almond meal
2oz self raising flour + 2 tbsp flour to dust muffin pan
1 small tin mango flesh diced
frosting:
200 g cream cheese softened
3/4 cup sifted icing sugar
fruits for garnish
Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in eggs alternately with almond meal and beat till smooth. gently fold in flour and diced mango pieces (save 2 tbsp's of mango for frosting). Spoon into greased and dusted muffin pan. Bake in preheated 180 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Remove from muffin tray and set aside to cool.
Frosting: Beat cream cheese with 2 tbsp diced mango pieces until fluffy and smooth. Gradually add in icing sugar 1 tbsp at a time and beat till creamy and well combined.
Top cupcakes with delicious icing and fresh fruits!P.s: I'm guessing probably a couple of you out there might think the song is a little lame and annoying :P, but my camera doesn't have an audio function and I couldn't find any background music to match. I went on my trusty Google search page and typed in "Mango Song"; and found "The Mango Song- by the Barefoot man" It's strange, corny, not my type of music, but I like it anyway....makes me laugh! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment