Michigan became the first state in the nation to have students experience some form of online instruction before receiving a diploma when the state legislature on March 30 approved a bill to ratchet up the state's graduation requirements.I think Michigan is likely to be the first of many states to pass something like this. As I said previously, I don't really like "mandates" like this - I think it's a tough argument to make that this is necessary for every student to have in order to graduate. But, I do think online courses (or pieces of courses being online) are going to be more and more prevalant as the bandwidth, hardware, software and online course design/implementations improve tremendously over the next few years.
So, forget private and charter schools, this is going to be your competition. How do you think you'll compare?
Listen to the podcast.
No comments:
Post a Comment