Saturday, January 14, 2006

Graduation Requirements

Okay, I've finished The Power of Their Ideas and really think you should all consider reading it. Here's the last excerpt I'm going to share:

No school should have graduation requirements that cannot be met by every professional working in the school, and therefore these requirements shall be phased in only as fast as the school can bring its staff up to the standards it requires of its students.
Karl's Corollary: These requirements should also have to be met by all school board members, state legislators, the Governor, and in our case - of course - all members of the CCHE.

So 21c learners, I'm curious, how many of you successfully completed four years of math through Pre-Calculus in high school? Well, maybe the better question is, how many of you think that that should be a graduation requirement for AHS? If so, would you be willing to volunteer to teach Trig and Pre-Calc?

No comments:

Post a Comment