Previously I posted about David Warlick asking if in 1995 we would've imagined the technological tools that are present (or at least could be present) in the classroom of 2005, and then imagining what the classroom of 2015 might look like. Since then I stumbled across a well-known edublogger who commented on the original post and disagrees. He thinks that most reasonably informed folks in 1995 wouldn't be surprised by the technology of 2005, specifically the access to and resources of the Internet.
While I've only commented once or twice on other people's blogs before this (well, blogs other than your personal blogs), I decided to comment on his. He responded to my comment, and then I responded back. In my latest comment I decided to drag you guys into this. So, please go read the exchange (as well as other folks' comments - mine are currently toward the bottom, you'll have to scroll a bit), and then let me know whether you are shocked (surprised, amazed - you pick the adjective) at the technology options available in 2005. Try to remember yourself in 1995 and what you would've thought then. Then please comment on this post and I'll relay your responses on (or you could, of course, comment directly on his).
I'm curious to see whether you guys foresaw 2005 more clearly than I give you credit for.
No comments:
Post a Comment