
Sailu and Raquel tagged me in this fun foodie meme, and asked me to list my ten favorite foods. Well. That's a list that changes a bit from day to day, but.. sure, in rough drafts, I can do it!
1. Quesadillas and Guacamole
See picture above. I eat this if not every week, then definitely every other week. Seriously. Whenever Per and I are feeling grumpy and don't know what to eat - we look at each other and instantaneous burst out "Quesadillas!" Best food in the world.
2. Pelmeenid
This is what I grew up with as the most special food in the world. I love it. It's so incredibly tasty and so very different. Very comforting.
3. Mom's Chicken Curry
My mom makes the best chicken in curry sauce. I love it. It's very simple - a mild, smooth curry sauce, and plain cooked chicken. Over rice. That's it. I love it. I never make it myself, it's much more special when made by mom.
4. Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
Yeah, really. Don't laugh. I love that orangey stuff! I really, really, really do! We don't have fake cheese here!
5. Pasta Bianco
Decidedly a strong candidate for "most comfort, least effort". Tasty, creamy, garlicky, fatty.. what more could you want? (A heart attack, maybe?)
6. Caesar Salad
Delicious, almost regardless of how it's made or presented. I love just about every version of this.
7. Risotto
Again, almost all risottos are winners in my book. It's the creaminess that gets me. Mm!
8. Chocolate
Enough said, really.
9. Strawberries and pineapples
A tie between my two favorite fruits.
10. Fresh coriander
I discovered this - cilantro - when I was an exchange student in Long Beach, CA. Oh my god. What was this mysterious herb? Where could I found it? Thankfully, a couple of years ago, coriander became popular here too, and it's now readily available. It's probably replaced basil as my favorite herb!
Ok, so who should I tag for this? Let's pick five fun food bloggers:
Dagmar at A Cat in the Kitchen
Kevin at Seriously Good
Ilva at Lucullian Delights
Pille at Nami-Nami
Nic at Baking Sheet
No comments:
Post a Comment