Monday, December 5, 2005

A cool idea - Gingerbread Grissini



I saw this in a magazine not so long ago - have forgotten which one, sadly - and decided to give it a go. Pepparkakor - Gingerbread Cookies - are very seasonal here and really big in December. I served this along with some warm spiced apple cider for Thanksgiving, and it was a huge hit. I used ready made gingerbread dough, but feel free to make your own if you can't find ready-made.


In the making.

So. Get your dough. Roll it out on a well-floured surface. Make it slightly thicker than you normally would, or it will be really difficult to transfer the grissini to the baking sheets. Transfer to sheets, and bake for a couple of minutes in a medium-hot oven. (About 175�C) They burn very easily, so watch them!

Then make a sugar paste from 500 ml powdered sugar, 1 eggwhite and a few drops of lemon juce. Place in piping bag and decorate to your heart's delight.



Per now refers to this as our "Gingerbread Vase".

No comments:

Post a Comment