Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Candy: Peppermint Bark



Ah, delicous. I found this recipe last year over at The Domestic Goddess. I never got around to making it - but this year I did. And I will make it many more times, because the only fault with this is that there's not enough of it. More peppermint bark would make the world a better place, I assure you. It's dead simple to make, so go ahead and make a batch right now!

Peppermint Bark

Equal parts white and dark chocolate - I used 250 g of each
Mint essence - a few drops
100 g crushed peppermint candies (I used Polkagrisar, "Polka-Pigs".)

Melt the dark chocolate in a waterbath or in the microwave. Stir in a few drops of peppermint essence. Pour into a form or tray, and let it set. When it's solid, melt the white chocolate in a waterbath or in the microwave. Stir in a few drops of peppermint essence, and all of the candy. Spread this over the dark chocolate. Let it set. Break into suitable pieces, keep in the fridge.

I told you it was simple. But it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment