
I generally use white wine in my risottos, but I came across an interesting sounding recipe for a red wine risotto in a cookbook that I found at the library: Karin Franssons �rtamat. It's out of print - too bad, I'd really like a copy. It has some really fun recipes, ranging from very basic to quite advanced. This was, like all risottos, fast and simple. Perfect with a nice piece of sirloin!
I'm not re-printing the entire recipe - it wasn't all that exciting, the main difference from my other risottos (links on the right!) was that you stirred in the wine at the end, instead of in the beginning, like I normally do. This gives a slightly boozier taste, but I still think I prefer the results I usually get from my other technique.
Hey, it's soon Thanksgiving! Obviously this isn't a Swedish holiday, but that doesn't stop me from celebrating with my family. It's a new tradition for us, and this will be our second year. Last year's dinner - well, you can read about that here. What should I cook this year? I want some ideas - please share if you have any fun favorites! Turkey is of course a given, but that's about it. I'm totally stumped for what else to cook... so what's everyone else cooking?
No comments:
Post a Comment