Saturday, November 12, 2005

Entertain me with napkins and pom-poms!



A while ago, Jennifer from Taste Everything Once asked for help to spend a gift certificate. She wanted something for entertaining - and I had no idea what to recommend. But this morning, albeit quite late for the actual deadline, it hit me. What do I really like having? Real, linen napkins. It's a real treat, and I love it. It feels so luxurious - a lot better than paper, no matter how cute the designs might be. And the plainer the better.

I have a lot of large, white linen ones, inherited from Per's late grandmother along with an equally huge stack of never used linen kitchen towels. The napkin rings - I've made them myself, and the cats loved helping me. Lots of pretty pearls on a wire? Yeay! So that explains why I only have two. But they're cute, aren't they?



I also have the ones above, in a natural linen color. I only have two, so they're not so much for entertaining a crowd as for having an intimate dinner with your darling, but I still love them. My mother gave them to me, along with the napkin rings.



For something else entirely, if Jennifer happens to have a couple of dollars left - buy something whimsical and fun. These pom-pom coctail sticks are adorable - and so much more fun than just regular toothpicks for small bites of food. I have a feeling I picked these up at IKEA, and I don't have a lot left - but I hope I can find something similar soon again. They're fun to have around! Have fun shopping, Jennifer - I'm sure you'll find something great!

Tagged with

No comments:

Post a Comment