Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Crispy Pork Chops



I'm sure I'm not the only food blogger who has little post-it tag thingies sticking out of my cookbooks, marking recipes I want to try. One book with many tags is Nigella's Forever Summer. I've been wanting to make this particular recipe for a very long time, and I finally got around to it! However, I didn't find any decent lamb chops, so I opted for pork instead. And I found some nice, thin ones off the bone - very convenient. I used panko rather than regular breadcrumbs, and way more parmesan than Nigella suggests... but the idea was still hers.

Crispy Pork Chops
serves 2

4 thin pork chops, de-boned
panko - japanese breadcrumbs, or regular ones
100 g grated Parmesan
1 egg, beaten with salt and pepper
Olive oil for frying

Layer the chops between two sheets of plastic wrap, and beat them vigorously with a mallet or rolling pin so that they are flattened a little.

Then, in a wide, shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan, and put the seasoned eggs in another bowl. Dip the chops first in the eggy mixture and then press them well in the cheese and bread crumbs before frying them in the hot oil.

It'll be fast, just cook for a few minutes on each side. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment