
I'm not a huge fan of pies, but Per is, so I do make them occasionally. This one was really nice, and it helped me use up half a head of cauliflower that was just sitting around. I threw in some broccoli florets for good measure, too. Yum! We ate this with sauteed garlicky mushrooms, and a salad.

Blue Cheese Cauliflower Pie
Serves 4
For the dough:
75 g margarine
3 dl flour (1 cup + 3 tbsp)
pinch of salt
1-2 tsp water
For the filling:
250 g blue cheese (I used a lovely ecological Danish blue cheese)
3 eggs
300 ml milk
1/2 head cauliflower, in small florets
200 g broccoli, in small florets
salt, pepper
Mix the dough in a food processor, and let it rest for half an hour or more in the fridge. Pat it into a pie dish, and bake blind for 10 minutes at 200 degrees C. (~400 F)
Blanch your vegetables for about five minutes. They shouldn't be soft all the way through, but not raw either. Place in the pre-baked pie shell.
For the filling, beat the eggs and milk. Crumble in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper, and mix until smooth. Pour over the veggies in the pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes or until the filling sets and you get some golden color to it. It takes different times, depending on how large/deep your pie dish is.
No comments:
Post a Comment