Today, Sweden banned all smoking in restaurants and bars. Thanks. Sure, we have an awfully big government, butting into every little aspect of peoples lives, but in this particular case? I'm pretty ok with it. I hate going out to eat, just to have to sit in a large cloud of nasty smoke. And more importantly, the health aspect of the restaurang workers - well, if they choose to smoke themselves (as many do), that's obviously fine, but at least they won't have to inhale all that second-hand smoke.
The opposition against this ban has been very tough. People claim that it's a witch-hunt, and a lot of people feel that it's pure evil to force the smokers outside. (This works fine in California, but let's just say that there are certain climate differences.) Well. I say that it isn't half as evil as willingly spreading poision to your surroundings. And I look forward to my next night out - sans smoke.
No comments:
Post a Comment