Sunday, June 6, 2010

BumbleBee Transformer Cake

This is a my lame attempt to give my 9 year old a BumbleBee birthday cake. It's head is a helmet, so only the shoulders are cake. Making BumbleBee isn't all that easy to do, especially given every picture I pulled up of him online looked so different from the one before. I decided getting the color right was what I'd concentrate on and just go with a simple design.

This cake was made using a total of 3 sheet cakes (12"x18" pan). So... it's a lot of cake! I didn't smooth the frosting as I decided it added to the rough look of BumbleBee. By the way, I don't think I'm spelling his name right, so might be editing this post later! lol

If I had it to do again, I'd add a license plate to the front. Would have been cool, but I ran out of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment